Handbook for Bible Study
Lee J. Gugliotto
$19.99 - Price
This handbook helps you handle Scripture responsibly, establishing the proper context for each precious Bible truth. Step-by-step guidelines and numerous practical examples enable you to consistently prepare better sermons, devotionals, and teaching outlines. Includes reproducible exegesis work sheets for contextual, cultural, structural, verbal, theological, and homiletical analyses.
If you long to get deeper into God’s Word, then the comprehensive approach presented in Handbook for Bible Study is for you.
- Includes information on how to do contextual, cultural, structural, verbal, theological, and homiletical analyses of biblical passages.
- Provides blank study work sheets for each type and shows you by example from the book of Jude how to fill them out.
- Teaches you how to reconstruct the scriptural author's meaning, identify the different literary types found in God's Word, figure out grammatical nuances, and reason logically.
- Explains various sermonic methods, such as motivational approaches, inductive story telling, and logical presentations.
- Describes several sermon types, such as doctrinal, life-situation, and evangelistic.
- Describes various sermon styles, such as topical, textual, and expository.